Monday, July 19, 2010

Lunch at Ina's

I really do feel guilty when I don't post every day but I was so busy living I had no time last week.  My lunch at Ina Garten's home in the Hampton's far exceeded my expectations. First of all she is THE most incredible cook on the planet, secondly she takes hosting to a whole new level of perfection but lastly her Barn where she films and hosts is positively  flawless !   We ate (the best meal of my life)  in her DIVINE barn which I had to take notes on for you : 

Designed by Architect  Frank Greenwald with Interior Design by Robert Stilin. 
Farrow & Ball Light Grey paint and  furniture from Axel Vervoordt from Belgium. 

Some of you might be wondering How did a girl like you get to eat lunch in a place like Ina's? Here is the back story. Awhile back I went to an event where Ina was presenting her Barefoot Contessa Pantry packaged food line and I made a b line for her. I told her the infamous story of Glamour Magazine's Engagement Chicken - a recipe that makes your boyfriend drop to his knees and propose (there are seventy documented cases) and Ina loved that story so much that she referred to it in her new cookbook which Glamour will be featuring in the October Issue. 






Me and My IDOL

The Barn aka the kitchen/ dining room

Inside the barn : aka HEAVEN
Photo by Simon Upton, House Beautiful. 



The perfect grey but only in a big room per Ina




  


The PERFECT Pantry

Photo by Simon Upton, House Beautiful. 




One of Ina's Gardens (i took this one) 






15 comments:

  1. What a great story behind the invite. You must have been thrilled to be on that guest list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am obsessed with her "barn"! And so jealous that you had lunch at her house. How amazing! I'm dying to know what she served for lunch! Please tell :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I was just making a grocery list for the week...all recipes from her back to basics book today! I LOVE her! and would die a happy woman if I was able to tour her home. My husband (also a chef) has met her and she mentioned to him anytime we are in the hamptons to let her know.....gush! your a lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh lucky lucky lady, what a great way to spend the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! I sat here with a BIG grin on the whole time while reading... Ina is the only cooking show that I DVR any more, simply because I never watch any of the rest! Thanks for the inside scoop, I was wondering about that barn... silly me, I thought she redid her kitchen, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! It looks like it was a wonderful day:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great story, and I, for one, want to marry her barn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lucky girl....Ina is one of my hosting idols:) That barn is AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I had to read that like, ten times before I realized how cool it was, no! NO! I am so jealous! Lucky you, that place is killer, and I think she is cute as a button!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely ADORE Ina!! So jealous you got to have lunch in the amazing barn! . I got to meet her at a booksigning for "Back to Basics" last year- she is just as nice as on tv....can't wait to get her new book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know I am soooooooo lucky and I felt it every second I was there it truly was a dream come true! I was one of 6 editors that got to go. I am really going to miss this job! Suze

    ReplyDelete
  12. i met her at the SoBe Wine and Food Fest and cannot agree with you on what an amazing woman she is... very jealous you actually go to go to her house!

    ReplyDelete