Friday, July 30, 2010

1 Day Bedroom Makeover


I really enjoyed this month's House Beautiful but my absolute favorite part was the bedroom makeover done by decorator Amanda Nisbet - It gave you minute by minute of how she took the most boring bedroom on the planet and made it an event all in one day. Thank you for posting these shots My Notting Hill I wish I could find the before or that I had a scanner. It really is worth picking up an issue. 


The headboard ROCKS!  And a single patterned pillow.



Never thought to put a desk in front of an ugly radiator - fantastic and she had a good tip about not matching a mirror to the console.  The cool plant in the corner makes the room - OH how I wish you could see the before!

10 comments:

  1. Yes, I have this issue, and I loved this makeover

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great issue. Sometimes if I need an image that I can't find online, I'll take a photo (without flash) and post it that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything Amanda does and this room was no different!

    It is stunning. The before is so drab. Let me know if you need the before I have a scanner and I can sent it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree more - this feature was my favorite part of HB's recent issue. I love the ikat upholstered headboard - Love, Love, Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing, the lanterns are my favorite element in the room!1 Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read this feature the other day and loved it. A great bit of editorial. Have a lovely weekend, Suze!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all for the great comments and eyeseepretty - will use that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was one of my favorite features in this issue too. Love the headboard! Hope this becomes a regular in each issue! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was very impressed with this make over as well. The room actually looks bigger when she's done.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete