Friday, April 1, 2011

Shocking foyer Makeover - You will LOVE it!



After Photo Donna Griffith

Update any space by painting out dark woodwork and replacing threadbare stair runners.

Hand-screened wallpaper in a monochromatic print makes a big statement in this front hallway. Painted woodwork instantly refreshes the room, while black stair treads and handrail play up the graphic black-and-white colour scheme. A weathered bench and low-hung art make a focal point under the stairs, while mini hexagonal floor tiles add texture.


    7 comments:

    1. Ah yes- that whole house is one of my all time faves- great style!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I'm obsessed. Is that tile on the main floor? So clean. Crisp. Love.
      Should I get a runner for my stairs? xoxo Shelli
      You can see my stairs here (third pic from the bottom)
      http://www.alamodemaven.com/2011/03/living-room-evolution-work-in-progress.html

      ReplyDelete
    3. I did a similar post about "beautifying" your staircase. This wallpaper is amazing. I think the floor is hexagon slate that my friend put in her kitchen. It's great!

      ReplyDelete
    4. what an unbelievable transformation! I just scrolled through all of your posts -- so many beautiful, inspiring images. I am heading out to look at some fabric, etc, so that was just what I needed to see.
      Those bedrooms and outdoor living rooms are amazing!

      ReplyDelete
    5. What a gorgeous transformation! I always love when old dark wood trim is painted out white - it still has the beauty of the shape and design, but feels so fresh and updated. :)

      ReplyDelete
    6. That poor dolly looks fed up! Thank goodness for the lovely makeover.

      ReplyDelete
    7. That amazing! The wallpaper and the paint is gorgeous...

      ReplyDelete