Friday, April 1, 2011

Shocking foyer Makeover - You will LOVE it!



After Photo Donna Griffith

Update any space by painting out dark woodwork and replacing threadbare stair runners.

Hand-screened wallpaper in a monochromatic print makes a big statement in this front hallway. Painted woodwork instantly refreshes the room, while black stair treads and handrail play up the graphic black-and-white colour scheme. A weathered bench and low-hung art make a focal point under the stairs, while mini hexagonal floor tiles add texture.


    9 comments:

    1. Ah yes- that whole house is one of my all time faves- great style!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I'm obsessed. Is that tile on the main floor? So clean. Crisp. Love.
      Should I get a runner for my stairs? xoxo Shelli
      You can see my stairs here (third pic from the bottom)
      http://www.alamodemaven.com/2011/03/living-room-evolution-work-in-progress.html

      ReplyDelete
    3. I did a similar post about "beautifying" your staircase. This wallpaper is amazing. I think the floor is hexagon slate that my friend put in her kitchen. It's great!

      ReplyDelete
    4. what an unbelievable transformation! I just scrolled through all of your posts -- so many beautiful, inspiring images. I am heading out to look at some fabric, etc, so that was just what I needed to see.
      Those bedrooms and outdoor living rooms are amazing!

      ReplyDelete
    5. What a gorgeous transformation! I always love when old dark wood trim is painted out white - it still has the beauty of the shape and design, but feels so fresh and updated. :)

      ReplyDelete
    6. That poor dolly looks fed up! Thank goodness for the lovely makeover.

      ReplyDelete
    7. That amazing! The wallpaper and the paint is gorgeous...

      ReplyDelete
    8. Great job .Thanks for sharing such an amazing blog.Keep up writing.
      Hexagonal floor Tile

      ReplyDelete