Monday, April 11, 2011

Good Manor

T Magazine ran this AMAZING story and I had to share!  Imagine taking a 23 acre proper manor and turning it into a chic modern family home.  



Family Style


FEAST ON THIS — At one end of Dinder House’s former ballroom, the dining area has a custom marquetry cabinet by Studio Job, a dining table by Ilse Crawford and Rody Graumans’s 85 Lamps chandelier for Droog. Photographs by Magnus Marding
 This is the perfect kitchen!



 he children's den, with a pouf by Donna Wilson.
 Children's jackets and school uniforms hang on hooks in the boot room off the entrance; the hand-printed botanical wallpaper is by Marthe Armitage.

6 comments:

  1. Wow... This isn't usually the kind of design I go for but I love this place. I think the thing that really inspires me about this home is the sense of humor, the acute sense of style and the irreverence and simultaneous respect they have for the space. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It truly is all about the mix - and great architecture doesn't hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing house. Love all the crown moulding. I've not seen a silver leaf bed I liked until now. Maybe I'm just starstruck by the rest of the house. P.S. Hope you had a relaxing weekend, and hope everything is going well for you, Suze.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the kitchen table is my favorite with all those Eames chairs in different colors. really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your ideas and colors,shapes and textures ..Pictures are very effective ,especially i just love the wallpaper a lot,I look back and wonder...Such a Fabelous Post!!!www.vivamagonline.com Iam very much Excited to c ur blog...Great work...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was hooked as soon as I saw the dining room.

    ReplyDelete