Friday, November 19, 2010

Where to Shop and Eat in LA by Very Cool Decorators

A HUGE thank you to Style Beat for today's awesome post about decorators favorite hot spots in LA . I cut and paste EVERYTHING - but there is so much more there so go visit Style Beat.  I am sooooo excited to try everything as I just moved out here and have the time to do it all!  The best part is that everything is on my side of town.

Martyn Lawrence-Bullard










Here are a few of his favorite things:
-The Anthropology store in Santa Monica is the best and has wonderful home department as does the brand new flag ship that's opened on Beverly drive in Beverly Hills.
-Richard Shapiro's chic gift department within his antique store includes beautiful books , jewels and Armand Diradourian cashmere throws.
-The new Kathryn Ireland showroom in Almont Yard is fab and Nathan Turner's pop up shop in Brentwood is brilliant-- complete with my candles.
-Fave restaurant is Mozza for the best pizza in town and for Sunday lunch, a traditional British style gathering at the Soho house along with the entire Osbourne clan.



LESLIE LOGAN HUNT INTERIORS:


- Favorite lunch spot with friends is the Thyme Cafe and Market in Santa Monica and Maison Midi on La Brea

- For coffee, Luxxe Cafe in Brentwood is amazing

- My home shopping faves include Big Daddy's Antiques, Almont Yard, JF Chen and everything on La Cienega Blvd.

- For fashion, I love Market in Brentwood and Aura Boutique in Santa Monica

- When I want a night of glam drinks, Tavern Bar in Brentwood fits the bill

- To enjoy the gorgeous California setting I visit The Getty Center gardens

- Growing up here I have places I adore like The Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Abbot Kinney anytime, catching summer concert at The Hollywood Bowl, the flea market at the Rose Bowl and hiking Paseo Miramar in Pacific Palisades





Hillary Thomas








Here are her favorite things in LA:
- For lunch with the girls, Soho House. Sitting outside on the roof deck around a Koi pond surrounded by Olive trees is simply heaven!

- For Coffee, it's the Fountain Coffee Shop downstairs at the Beverly Hills Hotel. The BEST!

- For dinner and drinks, I love the Chateau Marmot for the old school feel of the hotel. Very LA! Then there is The Roger Room on La Cienega, a speak easy with a mixologist.

- I get a fashion fix at small boutiques like Church, Curve, and Elyse Walker.

KATIE LEEDE










Here are Katie's favorites:
- My morning: I walk Noodles my Schnoodle to Café Luxxe on Montana Avenue in Santa Monica for a coffee the most scrumptious almond croissant EVER.

-Shopping at L Frank, Liseanne Frankfurt’s clothing shop

-Casual, cafeteria style lunch at Lemonade or hip Gjelina’s in the garden and If I get really lucky and the stars align with our schedules, I meet the decorator gals Mary McDonald, Lizzie Dinkel, Kim Alexandruick and Molly Isaakson for lunch at the eponymous Polo Lounge

- dinner at a local hideaway for simple Italian fare, Locanda Portofino

- Shopping with clients, I head straight for La Cienega Design Quarter-the stretch of La Cienega between Santa Monica Blvd, and Melrose. You can practically decorate a house in an afternoon by hitting Todd Romano, where I just picked up a zebra rug lined in lime green felt, Hollyhock, Mecox Gardens, Jean de Merry, Paul Marra, Downtown, Lee Stanton for all things English, Hollywood at Home for groovy fabrics,Therien for surprising mid century finds, George Smith, Christopher Farr for contemporary collector carpets, Lucca Antiques, and Pat McGann



Brooke and Steve Gianetti 










Some of Brooke and Steve's favorites:
- Dinner at R&D for great burgers and martinis, Blue Plate for yummy American casual dinners

-If we're in the mood for Gnocchi or Ciopino, Spumoni on Montana or San Vicente is the place!

- We also love Babalu for Cuban food with a California twist

- Luxxe Cafe has the best coffee drinks in town!

- For a fashion dose, Rita's Rags on Montana has comfortable classics. I live in their cashmere wraps.

- My favorite place to shop for vintage and great finds are the Rose Bowl, Long Beach Stadium, and Santa Monica Airport flea markets



MARJORIE SKOURAS


These are a few of her favorite things:





- Interiors: La Cienega Blvd. and adjacent Melrose Place for great antique shops and fabulous fashion boutiques.

- Breakfast: I’ve been going to Nate ‘n Al’s delicatessen-- it’s still my number one spot for Sunday breakfast. Not hip, not chic and sadly Fred Astaire and Groucho Marx are no longer regulars, but it remains a classic spot for LA locals.

- Drinks: The Roger Room on La Cienega for drinks. The décor is fabulous and the drinks are impeccably made. A very old-fashioned, new fangled place, perfectly realized.

- Dinner: I love Jeff Klein’s Sunset Tower Hotel for dinner. It’s one of the most urbane spots in town and the lighting is incredibly flattering!

- Shopping: This girl can’t help it—I’m still a huge fan of Neiman Marcus for all the right reasons it's gracious and glamorous, with exemplary service and fabulous stuff! But lest I offend my friends at Barney’s, I must quickly add that I divide my loyalties between these two great temples to consumerism on Wilshire Blvd! I adore Mameg for their highly intelligent, exquisitely curated collection of clothes.

- Vintage: The Way We Wore is a haven for those seeking impeccable vintage

- LA stuff: Will Rogers house museum and polo field in Pacific Palisades for a sense of what LA was like in the 20’s. The newly opened Annenberg Community Beach House in Santa Monica for great architecture, Hollywood history and inspiring philanthropy. The beach! Because being 20 minutes away from the ocean is what’s really fantastic about living in LA!

Thanks Glam Lamb for adding in - I am going to include any and all tips from my bloggies in this post.
***The Glam Lamb said...



I live in Bev Hills your lists are fab! Couldn't have said it better my self. Maybe include Father's Office in Culver City for a fun place to grab a beer with friends!! Helms Bakery in general is awesome! Also - gotta include Planet Blue as a fantastic shopping spot. The BEverly Dr. location is awesome. Also - lunch at Jack n Jills is always great too in my neck of the woods.

****Kala Roberson said...


So many new places to try! I love Abbot Kinney, not only because its walking distance for me but there's home shopping (Colcha, Plantation), clothes shopping (Principessa), great food (Joe's, Primitivo,Gjelina) and fun bars (Other Room, Beechwood, The Brig).

****The Ruckers said...
been reading your blog daily for a long time! love it. love that you moved to the neighborhood :) I live in malibu and most of these places are are within a half hour drive...love it! agree with fathers office (love the one in santa monica) it's a fun place to grab a burger and drink with friends. also...who doesnt love kitson?!? One stop shop :)

9 comments:

  1. I live in Bev Hills your lists are fab! Couldn't have said it better my self. Maybe include Father's Office in Culver City for a fun place to grab a beer with friends!! Helms Bakery in general is awesome! Also - gotta include Planet Blue as a fantastic shopping spot. The BEverly Dr. location is awesome. Also - lunch at Jack n Jills is always great too in my neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um amazing. love new spots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many new places to try! I love Abbot Kinney, not only because its walking distance for me but there's home shopping (Colcha, Plantation), clothes shopping (Principessa), great food (Joe's, Primitivo,Gjelina) and fun bars (Other Room, Beechwood, The Brig).

    ReplyDelete
  4. have to tell you.... I am addicted to your blog! Thanks for all the LA info. My 23 year old son just moved out there and my sister lives in Pacific Palisades for 30 years since UCLA.
    As I will be out more west more now thn ever, will save this post and catch up with LA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love anyone who is addicted to my blog so thank you for making my day and I am so excited that my readers are adding in more cool locations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. been reading your blog daily for a long time! love it. love that you moved to the neighborhood :) I live in malibu and most of these places are are within a half hour drive...love it! agree with fathers office (love the one in santa monica) it's a fun place to grab a burger and drink with friends. also...who doesnt love kitson?!? One stop shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. as an east coast gal, I'm totally jealous of all this goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is my first comment on your blog, but i've been reading for awhile and love it! i live in austin now, used to live in LA. here's a post of some of my favorite places! http://justsaymaux.blogspot.com/2009/09/city-of-angels.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Suze,
    Great to meet you today. Thanks for including our favorite places in your blog. Stop by the store and say hi.
    Best Steve.

    ReplyDelete