Monday, November 15, 2010

White Living Room

My mom is moving to NYC and has a dream of an all white apartment.  She has asked me to help her decorate it and I couldn't be more excited. I am starting with inspiration and would LOVE LOVE LOVE if you could chime in of link me to something fab. Mom isn't trendy think more the house from Something's Gotta Give. I pulled the following because:

1.  This room is cozy easy and chic - not modern but never outdated!
Thomas O'Brien 
The Rest of the room Via Colleen Fox 
How amazing is this layout for living/dining?


Via Great Interior Design
Rustic tables always work - always!


AD Via Decor Pad Very Miami where mom is from
Against a dark wall white always looks rich

Simply Seleta blog! Her home is so lovely! 

Pops of Yellow and a horse - Very Kelly Klein


Via Veranda
A little bland but still fab
Via Veranda
No kids allowed in this one :)
Found Here AHHHH Calypso Home...ish

Kelly Klein Living Room from Elle Decor



Below Notes: In the dining area, Arne Jacobsen Series 7 side chairs from Troy surround custom-made tables by Ceglic. 

Photographer: Joshua McHugh 
Designer: Peri Wolfman 
Featured in: White Magic 
Issue: June 2008  Elle Decor


10 comments:

  1. the ideas you want to work on are perfect.
    i hope your mom will love the result.
    white is not difficult to work with..i guess.
    i would consider functionality first, i always do. the dark fondo is lovely ..i would avoid white floors and pick something dark. ...ooo do i sound like an int.designer? no no no

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom told me her inspiration was the house in Somethings Gotta Give too! Its so classic. Can't wait to see the end result! I'm sure it'll be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love an all white space and a NY apartement filled with it sounds sooo divine. I loved every picture-you have a great inspiration folder and I'm sure your mom will end up with one beautiful space!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm currently in the process of redecorating my living room in black and white, so much inspiration here. Enjoy decorating for your mom, I'm sure she will be the best client to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww I would love to be able to have an all white living room. I dont think it would be the most practical though. Lovely images.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take a look at Dreamy Whites, http://dreamywhites.blogspot.com/

    Maria lives on a ranch with her husband and I think 4 or 5 children. Her entire house is white. She gives good tips to 'live white'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We, at Delightfull are delighted to announce our presence at Maison & Objet, in January 2011. It is our utmost pleasure to be showing once more at this wonderful event! We can't wait to 21th to come! See you all there!

    DESIGN UNIQUE LAMPS,
    Delightfull.eu

    ReplyDelete
  8. These images are absolutely beautiful. I really love the horse art. I went horse-riding a couple of weekends ago and it's reawoken something in me!!!

    I'm your new follower. I love your blog!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete