Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Chez Moi Room 3 Before and After Kitchen

Have you ever? Isn't this the best before shot? The wallpaper and slime green color not to mention the appliances from the 6o's - OY! It is a little confusing so I will explain the before shots. Click on each picture for a better view.



This is where we put the window seat

This is the counter where I put the knife rack -

The stove is where the half moon table is.

We knocked through the wall here and stole a little bit from the hall closet to put in the wine fridge.

This funky cabinet is were the refrigerator is now.

This is where the knife rack is and we put a hidden washer and dryer below

Light fixture from Restoration Hardware, Counter stools from Pottery Barn and I so desperately want to get rid of them and replace them with lucite counter stools - still looking! Any suggestions?




I am so obsessed with my $9 knife rack from Ikea - It took me forever to find all stainless. I also love all white canisters that I bought at Bed bath and Beyond. All of the Tile is from Nemo in NYC

I had visions of hanging out on a window seat and sipping Nespresso but as it turns out my sons hog it all the time. Custom Resource built the AC cover and the cushion. I found the fabric from my absolute favorite fabric resource Quadrille and laminated it so that when there was a spill it would not penetrate. The company that did the lamination was Fabrite and I highly suggest it!!!

The best part of this kitchen is the Nespresso machine - It's no fuss and the coffee is ALWAYS perfect! I also like the $9 coffee stacking cups from World Market


All the gorgeous photos are from Dan Hallman and the last ugly shot I took but had to include the wine fridge.

15 comments:

  1. These are pretty pricey but pretty gorgeous: http://www.plexi-craft.com/item/George-II-Bar-Stool-57

    Especially if the cushion is reupholstered in something great.

    To help visualize, here is a room with similar chairs (and vintage french linen seats!): http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/brynisme/House/cg2.jpg

    hope this helps, love the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bryn: That is so funny - I saw that picture before and was drooling over the chair - Did you design that room? I absolutely LOVE the chair!!!! Thank you so much! Suze

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot get over that AC cover. It's great - just inspired me to do something similar to our AC in the pool house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an incredible transformation. Fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful kitchen and so nice to see what you had to work with before! I think you've convinced me to take shots of my own place to get suggestions, just need to do some cleaning first!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clayton Gray Home: Just an FYI if you do cover your ac make sure you use an airier grill - I have to take mine off because it blocks the flow of air. Thank you Rosie for the sweet comment and Lauren- you should do it - I would love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're a magician. keep the before + afters coming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suze, I wish I designed that room ;) It's one I have coveted for a while.

    Good luck with the chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bryn: I still think it needs a little something. S

    ReplyDelete
  10. Overstock.com has various acrylic options.

    http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Portola-RST-Living-Acrylic-Barstools-Set-of-2/4808548/product.html?cid=123620&fp=F&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=12703770

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes -- and your home is BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE your kitchen! I have these in my kitchen: http://www.ylighting.com/krt-charlesghost.html Where is your cabinet hardware from?

    ReplyDelete