Thursday, February 2, 2012

Black Painted Ceiling - Total Impact

My friend painted her wood beam ceiling in high gloss black and it was one of the chicest most impactful design move.

by Details a Design Firm

Via Here
Via Here
Via Here


Via Here
Via Elle Decor
designer Steven Gambrel who installed this living rooms expansive black plank ceiling.  “Rather than making a space feel smaller, as you might expect,” Gambrel says, “it helps to define its outer edges, encouraging visual scale.”  Photo by Eric Piasecki for Elle Decor

Via Here


6 comments:

  1. They look great, and I especially love the first photo. I guess it helps if you have super super high ceilings. I can't imagine pulling this off in my own house with not-so-high ceilings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, people are so afraid to add black to a space. I forever push people to add at least a little to every room. Black has the ability to define a space, and ground it a bit. When a room is full of neutrals or brights, black is like the eyeliner....one shouldn't leave home without it! If painting walls feels too risky, I recommend adding black through the use of pillows, throws, furniture, or chic lamps and accessories. I love your pictures, and the ceiling looks amazing! Your friend has guts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Heather and Tricia and Tricia I totally agree with you on every point!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do look great! Especially love the first photo <3

    We are considering painting our home cinema ceiling black... Will see how it goes :)

    B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loves fabulous! I wish that I could do something like that in my home, but I have standard height ceilings which might make the room look smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We painted our family room and stairwell ceilings a dark chocolate brown. Turned out fantastic. I definitely recommend a dark ceiling.

    ReplyDelete