1. FRAME on Top : Throw a frame on top, a couple busts and go horizontal and lateral with the books - the neutral black white and brown makes it simple and chic Via HGTV
2. BREAK IT UP: Whatever you do - don't JUST put books on the bookcase - love the toys, boxes and a ladder for no reason !
3. PLACE AN OBJECT ON TOP: Whenever possible put a huge piece of coral on top of a horizontal books or some random oriental object - a Buddha, foo dogs always add drama.HGTV
4. EVEN ON HEIGHT: Keep the height of the books relatively even Via M Design
5. COLOR COORDINATE: whenever possible - It looks organized and neat. Via Poorboys and Pilgrims
6. CONTRAST PAINTING:
Paint the inside black - I more than LOVE this !!!!! Via Dovetail
7. ADD STORAGE BOXES - and not just for storage! Via Our Humble Abowed
1. Let books takeover your home - Donate to your local library and if you miss it go back and borrow it :)
2. Forget to Edit and organize - frankly I think all paperbacks don't need to be put on display and is this a kitchen/medicine cabinet crafting station or bookcase- OY!
3. Never put the paper side out - Binders should always face out!