Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Quotes that make you think hmmmm

It is just as disastrous to have the wrong accessories in your room as it is to wear sport shoes with an evening dress.
Dorothy Draper
I'll always put in one controversial item, it makes people talk.
Dorothy Draper


If you have marvelous taste and know exactly what you want, you don't need a decorator.
Billy Baldwin

All the American women had purple noses and gray lips and their faces were chalk white from terrible powder. I recognized that the United States could be my life's work.”
Helena Rubinstein

About half my designs are controlled fantasy, 15 percent are total madness and the rest are bread-and-butter designs.”
Manolo Blahnik

“I don't do fashion, I am fashion.”
Coco Chanel

“I don't design clothes. I design dreams.”
Ralph Lauren

“I base my fashion sense on what doesn't itch.”
Gilda Radner

“Clothes don’t make a man, but clothes have got many a man a good job.”
Herbert Harold Vreeland

“A woman's dress should be like a barbed- wire fence: serving its purpose without obstructing the view.”
Sophia Loren



What do I think about the way most people dress? Most people are not something one thinks about.
Diana Vreeland

Pink is the navy blue of India.
Diana Vreeland

Balenciaga did the most delicious evening clothes. Clothes aren't delicious any more.
Diana Vreeland

A women who doesn't wear perfume has no future.
Coco Chanel

Fashion is architecture: it is a matter of proportions.
Coco Chanel

In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.
Coco Chanel

Eighty percent of success is showing up.
Woody Allen

Good design goes to heaven; bad design goes everywhere.
—Mieke Gerritzen

No comments:

Post a Comment